Friday, September 2, 2011

Summer evening kind of meal

I know the summer is coming to a close, which I personally welcome (I do love Fall so very much) however our tomato plants are in full bloom! So our dinner tonight was simple. I cooked up some black bean burgers with BOLD chipotle taste, thank you Costco (they really are pretty amazing). Then I made some basil garlic mayonnaise to go on top. Then off to the side I cut up some garden Black Krim Heirloom tomatoes with nothing but a little salt....YUM!

 So really the only thing I made was basil mayo....but just because of it's simplicity do not underestimate it's yummyness ( I know so not a word)

Basil Mayo
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/3 C. Mayo (NOT I repeat NOT miracle whip)
- 3 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 Tsp. Garlic

Blend away in your blender, and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of mayo - but you even made mayo sound delicious with this! I love summer eating like that as well - we don't have the garden, but I picked up tomatoes at the Farmer's Market to have just like you showed in your picture. Simple. Amazing.

    I passed on your site to my gluten-free friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness!! That mayo is to die for! I have made it like 4 times this weekend all ready because all of us love it. We have been putting it on tomato sandwiches. Divine!!! Thank you for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...