Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blender banana pancakes

These pancakes are kid approved and yummy! I kind of made the recipe up this morning, and I am thrilled with the results! They are dairy and gluten free. My kids ate them up, even Rachel our picky eater:). Also just a little tip....I double the batch when I make pancakes, so that we have them all week long. I cook up all the batter, then I just toast them in the toaster the next morning.


Blender Banana Pancakes

1 C. Coconut milk
1 1/2 C. Organic brown rice flour
2 frozen ripe bananas (or you could use 1/2 C. Palm Sugar)
1 Tsp. Baking powder
1 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
 3 Eggs

Blend in blender and enjoy! They cook up fast. I had my griddle at 300 Degrees, and let them cook 1 minute per side. Like I said you could do a lot with these, you could add frozen blackberries, or blueberries, with lemon zest. You could also add in 1/2 C. coconut milk yogurt.
YUUUUUUMMMMMM. I think I will try that one out next week! By the way the brown rice flour has an excellent texture. when it's uncooked it tastes very grainy, however when cooked it transforms into wonderful light fluffy pancakes!

1 comment:

  1. I love banana pancakes! I'll have to try the brown rice flour - where do you get yours?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...