Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blueberry tart crumble

I was looking in my Bon Appetit magazine today and came across a blueberry pie crisp, that I wanted try to out. I ended up mixing 3 different recipes (as I most always do).  Recipe as follows...


Berry tart crumble

1 1/2 C. brown rice flour (that's what I had, almond flour would be good too)
1/2 C. Palm sugar
1 C. Organic brown sugar plus 3 Tablespoons
Juice of 1 orange
1 Tsp. Salt divided
1 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Pints blueberries (I used frozen)
1/2 C. gluten-free oatmeal
1 Tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. Coconut milk
2 Eggs
4 Tablespoons coconut oil

In a sauce pan place the blueberries, orange juice,  and 1/2 C. palm sugar and bring mix to a boil on medium high heat. Let it continue to boil until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.

In a bowl mix together the  rice flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/2 Tsp. salt. vanilla, coconut milk and eggs. Then press the mixture into a greased tart pan. Put in the oven to bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then pull out and let cool.

Next add the remaining ingredients for the crumble topping in a bowl, and mix with hands.

Place the cooled blueberry mix onto the cooled tart crust. Then evenly distribute the crumble on top of the blueberry mixture, lightly pressing it. Put it in the oven at 350 degrees, and bake for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...