Monday, June 20, 2011

Roasted beets, fresh salad and fllavor packed quinoa!

I love beets. Nathan not so much. I would like to say that these delectable roasted beets changed his mind...but no, I'm sad to say they did not. If you are a beet fan, you are going to LOVE these! As far as salads go I like to keep them simple. We grow an arugula, red leaf salad mix in our garden that I really love.  I like to chop up cucumbers, and radishes on top of mine. Sometimes I like to chop up strawberries on it, just depends on the day. Anyway onto the recipes!

P.S. I don't take fabulous pictures so please don't judge me:).



Roasted beets

- 8 Beets, remove the skins, and chop the beets.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp. Fresh thyme chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven 400 degrees.
mix all the above and roast for 40- 45 min.


Flavorful Quinoa

I really love this food, it is so good and simple to make.

- 1 C. Rinsed quinoa
- 2 C. Chicken stock
- 2 tsp. Fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 Yellow onion chopped
- Fresh garlic chopped about 2 large cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Salt

Bring chicken stock, rinsed quinoa, and all ingredients above to a boil. Put a lid on and turn heat down to a simmer for ruffly 15 minutes, until light and fluffy.

Simple salad dressing

- 1/3 C. Olive OIl
- 1/3 C. Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 2 tsp. brown spicy mustard

Put all ingredients into a salad dressing bottle shake really well until emulsified.

1 comment:

  1. Quinoa isn't my favorite, but it's so good for you that I'm going to just deal with it. This recipe looks great! I'm sure it will help make it more palatable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...