Sunday, October 2, 2011

G&D Free Corn Bread and Chili

I have never attempted to make corn bread from scratch worried that I would fail completely. After attempting if for the first time the other day.......I am wondering why I thought it was such a big deal! It turned out incredibly well, which makes me so excited because I make a corn bread stuffing for thanksgiving, and I was wondering If this year I could accomplish that G&D Free...Well now I know that I can, which is fantastic! Anyway the chili recipe I made was quick and easy and pretty good. I am talking like 15 or less easy. So try it out, there's nothing like a warm bowl of chili and cornbread on a chilly Fall night :-).



Corn Bread

1/2 C. Light olive oil (or coconut oil)
3 Tablespoons coconut palm sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 C. Coconut milk
1 C. Brown rice flour
2/3 C. Yellow cornmeal
2 Tsp. Baking powder
1/2 Tsp. Real Salt

Put all of your dry ingredients together in  a mixer, and mix until combine. Next put in your wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until it is well mixed. Pour into a greased  8x11" glass baking dish. @ 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. 


Easy Chili

1 Lbs. Ground beef
2 Small onion chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Cans black beans drained and rinsed
2 Cans diced tomatoes
2 Cans organic tomato sauce
1/3 C. Honey
1/4 C. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tsp. Real Salt
Garlic powder to taste
1 Tablespoon Smoked cayenne powder 
3 Tsp. Oregano
3 Tsp. Chili powder
3 Tsp. Cumin
3 Tablespoons yellow mustard (I know you think I'm crazy)

Chop your onions and put them into a pot with olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Next add your ground beef along with all the spices, stir and combine while it continues to cook. Next add all your other ingredients, and allow it to come together. Next eat it with a HUGE slice of corn bread....Oh baby!








 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...